- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- A handful of strawberries (about 6/7)
- A big ol’ handful of blueberries
- A teaspoon of local honey (a real lifesaver if you’re a hayfever sufferer like I am (I actually just sneeze when typing this…))
- 2 tbsp. rolled porridge oats
- Half a peach or nectarine
Then put your oats in. These will really help to fill you up and thicken your smoothie.
Pour in your milk.
And your honey. Hayfever sufferers listen up: this works almost like an injection – you take a little of the honey every day and it’s supposed to reduce your symptoms. I’m suffering really badly at the moment so I’m all over the honey! It also gives a great little sweet taste to your smoothie, and you get to feel good about yourself by buying local!
Whizz it all up until it’s all mixed together and is fairly smooth.
Pour it into a to go cup or a tall glass.
And serve with a side of sunshine!
ga('create', 'UA-56958023-1', 'auto');